If in case you have a WordPress web site you then seemingly supply downloadable assets corresponding to printables, PDFs, ebooks, and white papers. You’ll wish to know learn how to monitor downloads of these information. It’s solely by monitoring them which you can see what’s (and isn’t) working and alter your technique to get extra downloads, site visitors, and leads.
Disclosure: Please word that this put up comprises affiliate hyperlinks, which implies I could obtain a small fee, without charge to you, if you are going to buy by way of a hyperlink. I wish to make sure you that I solely advocate high-quality services or products I take advantage of, belief and love, and I consider will add worth to my readers.
MonsterInsights is an effective way to trace file downloads. Right here’s learn how to use MonsterInsights to trace file downloads on WordPress.
Why You Ought to Select MonsterInsights
It’s all too straightforward to arrange Google Analytics and monitor data when you’ve bought the technical knowhow. Should you don’t although then it might be very sophisticated.
MonsterInsights makes it tremendous straightforward to trace your file downloads by way of Google Analytics. Simply spend a couple of minutes setting it up and every part else is dealt with robotically. That’s the principle motive to decide on this plugin; it’s so handy.
Learn how to Observe File Downloads
- Set up MonsterInsights and Activate It
Step one is to arrange Google Analytics for WordPress with MonsterInsights;
- Log into WordPress
- Select “Plugins” after which “Add New”
- Kind “MonsterInsights” into the search field to seek out the plug
- It’s best to see the plugin “Google Analytics by MonsterInsights”
- Select to put in the plugin and activate it
- Join Google Analytics
When you activate MonsterInsights you need to join Google Analytics to WordPress with the plugin.
- Select Insights > Settings on the sidebar
- Click on “Authenticate together with your Google Account” to attach Google Analytics. This may enable Google to gather details about individuals who go to your web site
- You might be taken to a Google login web page the place you may register to your account
- Click on on “Subsequent” after logging in
- Click on “Permit” to let MonsterInsights entry Google Analytics
- Lastly, add the profile or web site that you simply wish to monitor. Click on on “Full Authentication” once you’re performed
When you’ve activated Google Analytics with MonsterInsights it will get to work robotically monitoring file downloads for you. These downloads are tracked as particular person occasions.
- Add Different File Extensions for Monitoring
Open up the WordPress dashboard and select Insights > Settings > Monitoring and select “File Downloads”. You’ll see that file monitoring has been enabled for you. There’s no must make modifications.
MonsterInsights robotically tracks downloads which have the file extensions doc, exe, pdf, ppt, js, tgz, xls, and zip. If you wish to monitor other forms of file downloads then you may add the file extension to the checklist of “Extensions of information to trace as downloads”.
Be certain to save lots of any modifications you make.
You’re now all set as much as monitor consumer downloads utilizing MonsterInsights!
You may see how easy it’s to trace file downloads on WordPress when you’ve the fitting instruments.
MonsterInsights will get the job performed without having for any coding information or expertise.
If you wish to monitor file downloads on WordPress, then this can be a easy and efficient device that each WordPress consumer ought to think about using.
Get higher insights in your downloads and alter your choices accordingly to spice up web site success.