Portland know-how information website Digital Traits has laid off not less than 13 editorial staffers.
Amongst these laid off was Lisa Marie Segarra, who joined the publication earlier this yr from Fortune journal. She was the gaming part editor.
Additionally laid off was Meira Gebel, a reporter protecting every part web and tech tradition associated. Beforehand, she was working as a tech fellow and freelance author at Enterprise Insider.
“We have now just lately introduced a number of staffing updates to our crew, as a part of our plan to help our quickly rising enterprise strains,” mentioned a Digital Traits spokesperson in an electronic mail. “This contains the hiring of greater than 30 full-time staff, in addition to the elimination of 17 present positions. These adjustments will allow Digital Traits to optimize our operations and give attention to the highest-performing and fastest-growing areas of our enterprise. We’re extraordinarily grateful to these parting methods with us for his or her unimaginable contributions, and we’re offering them with beneficiant help packages. And we stay up for welcoming new expertise and abilities to our crew as we proceed to develop.”
Additionally laid off had been:
- copy editor Jacob Could;
- assistant managing editor Matthew Katz;
- audiovisual part editor Jason Schneider;
- information editor Paul Squire, who joined in March;
- audiovisual workers author Nick Woodard;
- Juliana Jara, managing editor at Digital Traits en Espanol;
- affiliate editor Maria Teresa Lopes;
- reporter Allison Matyus;
- Greg Nibler, host of Digital Traits Stay and Podcasts;
- reserving producer Jess Surbaugh; and
- Jake Rossman, head of reside content material.
Digital Traits confronted a tradition disaster earlier this yr when present and former staff accused it of being a hostile office, racially insensitive and missing variety amongst staff.