These grilled Portobello Mushroom Burgers topped with mozzarella, purple peppers, and pesto mayo, are scrumptious and a very good vegetarian burger choice.
Portobello Burger with Mozzarella
Who doesn’t love an excellent hamburger? I do know I do! However I additionally love going meatless and actually take pleasure in these Portobello Burgers, particularly with pesto mayo and mozzarella, so good!! These are a variation of this Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burger recipe. I marinate and grill the mushrooms and high them with mozzarella, grilled purple onions, roasted peppers, and a straightforward pesto mayonnaise sauce. For another veggie burger concepts, strive my Spicy Black Bean Burgers and Houston’s Veggie Burgers.
Portobello mushrooms are an awesome meat substitute for those who’re attempting to scale back your energy or red-meat consumption. Portobellos have a meaty texture and taste that I improve with a easy marinade fabricated from balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, olive oil, and Montreal steak seasoning.
How do you put together portobello mushrooms?
To prep portobellos for cooking, pop off the stems and wipe the tops of the mushrooms off with a paper towel. You possibly can take away the gills on the within of the mushrooms if you’d like, but it surely’s not crucial as they’re edible.
What to Serve with Portobello Mushroom Burgers
These portobello burgers can be scrumptious with a salad like my Italian Chopped Salad or Summer season Tomato Salad. You might additionally serve them with Air Fryer French Fries or Skinny Garlic Parmesan Fries.
Portobello Mushroom Burger Ideas & Variations:
- In the event you don’t have a grill, prepare dinner the mushrooms on a grill pan or cast-iron skillet in your range.
- In the event you’d like to make use of do-it-yourself pesto for the sauce, strive my Skinny Basil Pesto.
- Swap the mozzarella for provolone cheese.
- In the event you want meat, use lean floor beef or turkey patties as a substitute of mushrooms and high with all the identical toppings.
Extra Burger Recipes You’ll Love:
Portobello Mushroom Burger with Mozzarella, Roasted Peppers and Pesto Mayo
- 2 tablespoons jarred or do-it-yourself pesto
- 2 tablespoons gentle mayo
- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 tsp steak seasoning like Montreal Steak Grill Mates
- 4 thick slices purple onion
- 4 oz contemporary mozzarella, sliced skinny
- 1 roasted purple pepper, jarred or do-it-yourself sliced
- 4 entire wheat low calorie buns, I used Martin
Mix mayo and pesto in a small bowl.
In a big bowl, whisk collectively vinegar, soy sauce, oil, and Montreal steak seasoning.
Place the mushroom caps within the bowl and toss with sauce, utilizing a spoon to evenly coat. Let stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes, turning a couple of occasions.
Warmth the grill or indoor grill pan over medium warmth. When sizzling, brush the grate with oil or flippantly spray the grill pan.
Place the mushrooms on the grill, reserving marinade for basting. Grill for five to 7 minutes on all sides, or till tender, brushing with marinade incessantly.
High the mushrooms with cheese over the last minute of cooking.
Whereas the mushrooms prepare dinner, grill the onions about 1 minute on all sides and grill the buns till toasted.
To complete, unfold the pesto on the buns, place the grilled portobello mushrooms on the buns and high with the grilled onions, and roasted peppers.
Serving: 1burger, Energy: 229kcal, Carbohydrates: 29g, Protein: 11.5g, Fats: 9.5g, Saturated Fats: 1g, Ldl cholesterol: 0.5mg, Sodium: 745mg, Fiber: 9g, Sugar: 9g
Blue Good Factors: 9
Inexperienced Good Factors: 9
Purple Good Factors: 9
Key phrases: Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burger, portobello mushroom burger recipe, Portobello Mushrooms