No Peeps for Halloween, Christmas, or Valentine’s Day, due to COVID-19
In one other crushing blow as a part of the 2020 pummelling that simply received’t finish, Peeps introduced that its polarizing marshmallow treats received’t be accessible of their customary Halloween or Christmas shapes this yr, nor will there be a Valentine’s Day version subsequent yr.
Simply Born, the confectionery firm behind the long-lasting marshmallows, briefly suspended sweet manufacturing in April for worker security. Though manufacturing resumed in a restricted capability in Might, the corporate mentioned in a press release that it could “forego manufacturing of our seasonal candies for Halloween, Christmas and Valentine’s Day so as to concentrate on assembly the anticipated overwhelming demand for Peeps for subsequent Easter season, in addition to our on a regular basis candies.”
Halloween simply received’t be the identical this yr with out spooky little marshmallow ghosts and deformed orange blobs that move for jack-o’-lanterns.
And in different information…
- Greater than 200 U.S. meat plant employees have died of COVID-19. The monetary penalties for the services thus far equal lower than $30,000. [Washington Put up]
- Boston Beer’s Samuel Adams is launching a nonalcoholic beer subsequent yr. [Meals Dive]
- Cornell College launched three new apple breeds — the Pink Luster, Firecracker, and Cordera — with 20 years of labor behind them. [Fashionable Farmer]
- A staff of researchers tried to assist reconstruct historical cooking practices by getting ready meals and learning the residues left behind in unglazed clay pots. [NYT]
- On gripping meals with FORCE. [Mel Journal]
• All AM Intel Protection [E]